Thursday, March 4, 2010

Victor Garber

This is from Creative Copy Challenge. The object is to use ten words and build a cohesive story. The ten words are bold. Original Post


My wife and I are currently sitting in the administrative “lobby” I guess you call it of my son’s high school. We have this “meeting” with the principal. We weren’t really told what was going on, but my wife and I have differing opinions.

KC is worried that something had happened. Upon becoming a teenager, the boy had started building this barrier between us and him. He had stopped talking to us as much as he used too, and even went a few months without telling us he was dating this chick. We did not support him dating until he was sixteen. In high school you have unlimited access to any boy or girl wanting to hook up. Then one thing leads to another and you become another teen statistic.

“Don’t worry about it, Sweetheart” I tell her, “Everything is going to be fine.”

I shouldn’t blow off her feelings, but I just got this new iTouch and I am watching Green Lantern: First Flight and using a blue tooth earpiece to listen.

She is saying something else, but I can’t really make out what it is. I’m distracted by wondering who is providing the voice to Sinestro.

Our son is an honor student. He’s gotten straight “A’s” all semester. He’s in theater and quickly becoming an extrovert.

Maybe that is why KC is concerned. A cute kid that can put on the actor’s charm.

Why didn’t I go into Theater Arts when I was in school. I was just a comic book geek.

I guess not much has changed.

The tranquility that filled my head is now clouded. Maybe KC is right.

Where have I heard that voice before? This is getting frustrating.

The door opens and KC turns her head quickly. The principal motions her to come in. She pats my leg, I get up and follow them in.

Its the big battle right now. Sinestro is beating the crap out of the Green Lantern Corps.
We sit down and exchange pleasantries. He starts to talk and I can start to make out the owner of the voice in my head.

Principal is talking about something, but I have no clue. I’m concentrating on the voice.

Oh its that guy from Legally Blonde. Of course.

I rule. I didn’t even have to IMDB it. I start to pay attention to the conversation.

“Your son has the highest grape up his ass.” The principal says.

“WHAT?!?!” I stand pissed off.

My wife jerks her head in my direction and the principal leans back in his chair.

“I don’t know what gives you the right. But you can’t just sit there with a straight face and insult us by insulting our son. I do not know how you became a principal with that kind of uncouth tact. You’re a retarded ruffian who is better equipped to be a dishwasher than a principal. I hope you die, sir. I hope you die. But I won’t be rude and not go to your funeral. Oh, I will be there. I will be there to piss on your coffin and crap on your grave. We are out of here. We’re taking our kid to private school. You! You have a grape up YOUR ass!!!”

I hold up three fingers.

“Read between the lines, fat head. Read between the lines. Let’s go sweetie!”

I start to walk towards the door. I turn to see KC embarrassed and pissed.

“Eric, he said that he has the highest grade in the class!”

Hmmm.

That certainly does change things.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment